Less Options for New Things
I just spent my morning closing credit card accounts. I cut out five. I was going to make it six, but they negotiated me to a better rate. I still have like seven, but I will only carry around two - the Amex and the Citi.
Zero balances are tempting because you think you can pay the whole thing off again if you just put a little on. But, then I get greedy and I'm back to where I started. Not in 2008. I hope I can hold out for a year.
I'm still paying off my little car. She'll be 4 in April. She's mine when she's six. Damn, it's taking forever. But I haven't ever missed or been late on a payment. I'm very proud of that.
The beau got a call from a parent who asked him to think about what he'd do with a significant sum of $$. I made my suggestion (something related to his career) which was what he was thinking about too. Then, yesterday, he asked me what kind of wedding I wanted. I sure hope he doesn't spend any money on that.
Here's my idea for a wedding - quick, simple ceremony, Roundtable pizza for the reception, and a cruise honeymoon. Hee hee. No. I do want a simple ceremony and I do want a cruise honeymoon, but I want hors d'oeuvres and dinner for the reception. I throw so many parties that I want one that I can control and enjoy!! MMM, mini tomatoes stuffed with baco-bits...
Today is the day that I put down my princess puppy. It's been 4 years. I don't feel like crying. That's good, but I'll make myself cry later. I think that if I don't cry, I'll be doing something wrong, like her memory will slip away and I can't have that.
I wonder what 2008 has in store for me...for us...for everyone...
Zero balances are tempting because you think you can pay the whole thing off again if you just put a little on. But, then I get greedy and I'm back to where I started. Not in 2008. I hope I can hold out for a year.
I'm still paying off my little car. She'll be 4 in April. She's mine when she's six. Damn, it's taking forever. But I haven't ever missed or been late on a payment. I'm very proud of that.
The beau got a call from a parent who asked him to think about what he'd do with a significant sum of $$. I made my suggestion (something related to his career) which was what he was thinking about too. Then, yesterday, he asked me what kind of wedding I wanted. I sure hope he doesn't spend any money on that.
Here's my idea for a wedding - quick, simple ceremony, Roundtable pizza for the reception, and a cruise honeymoon. Hee hee. No. I do want a simple ceremony and I do want a cruise honeymoon, but I want hors d'oeuvres and dinner for the reception. I throw so many parties that I want one that I can control and enjoy!! MMM, mini tomatoes stuffed with baco-bits...
Today is the day that I put down my princess puppy. It's been 4 years. I don't feel like crying. That's good, but I'll make myself cry later. I think that if I don't cry, I'll be doing something wrong, like her memory will slip away and I can't have that.
I wonder what 2008 has in store for me...for us...for everyone...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home