Thursday, November 15, 2007

Problems

I have problems. My brain is full of work and health and family issues.

Family - that's the worst. I've got this sis who is in a jam and who isn't being rational about getting out of the jam. I can only do so much. She's an adult and capable of making her own decisions even if I disagree with them wholeheartedly! It's making my stomach hurt.

Work - there is an aspect to my JOBS (I do two) that I refuse to do. I think it's just gonna go away if I don't deal with it, but it doesn't. In fact, someone got so P.O.'d that they called my boss to complain and they called another colleague to complain. Somehow, I'm still not stirred to help this person. I don't handle the crazies very well. Anyway, I will continue to ignore it until I can't.

Health - my legs are doing better, but my stomach wants to kick my butt. Between work and my sis, I can't catch a break. As part of my stress, I got a prescription from my doc for a fairly embarrassing medicine. It ain't a pill, if you catch my drift. Anyway, better this than pain and suffering, no? What's funny is when I dropped it off, the pharmacist went scouring the place for it like I needed it urgently. I said that I'd come by tomorrow and she was relieved. She must've thought the pain was unbearable, but I was filling it to have it when I needed, not because I needed it right then and there.

On Halloween, which you may remember is the anniversary of my crappy injury, I needed a mental distraction. I thought of some really random person who I used to work with (kind of.) The search for her web page was easy, but the content was a heavy.

I became engrossed in her story of love tragically lost and her road to healing. There was something about her blog that resonated with me seeing as how I am still in complete denial about my puppy passing away. I know that that's got me all kinds of messed up, which I refuse to deal with. I figured if she could be happy again, I can, too. It has made a slight difference for me. I think that's weird, but it's true.

The thing is she's only posting snippets of her story. I want to know where the healing happens so I can manage to get there myself, but she's going very slowly. I want healing now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know how it goes having embarrassing prescriptions. I can't go to the good, convenient pharmacy because that's where the cute girl works and I don't want her to know what I'm taking. Instead I have to go to the one across the street and wait in line forever. It's a shame.

12:33 PM  
Blogger sploo said...

Are we referring to one former co-worker who couldn't for the life of her understand how we could possibly eat Roscoe's fried chicken and waffles and actually enjoy it? Say it ain't so, Cyn. Say it ain't so.

On the other hand, prescription painkillers = very good. So sorry you actually need them, doll. I much prefer them when I have merely the barest twinge. I only want the best (meaning pain-free life) for you!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

J. - I hear ya. I still haven't picked up my prescription, but I must today.

Sploo - It is the very same. I think she's shaken some of her wonkiness (is that a word) and I don't know... Something is just resonating. Like my need for some chicken and waffles! Oh when will I be back in L.A.? When I go, wanna get some waffles & chicken? Yes, in that order. We may have another LL Cool J sighting. I could go for that.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Hey hun!!! Sorry to hear that things are a bit crappy for ya at the mo. Hope you feel better really soon and that your sis sorts out her situation xxx

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home