Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Rock and Roll

First the rock. I just discovered a new band called Sid Luscious and the Pants. They were some kids in the 80s who got a record deal, but the company never ended up releasing their album. They broke up, but have reunited recently and are playing gigs around.

My co-worker friend told me about their story, which intrigued me. She shared the cd and I fell in love with it. It's so wildly 80s!! I'll add a link to their website later.

I want to get to the roll part of my post. There was a 5.6 magnitude earthquake last night. It was the strongest quake in the Bay Area since 1989's Loma Prieta earthquake.

It started as minor rocking, which then intensified. I, as you know, was already in my bathroom doorway prior to the intensification. The beau was walking around until it really got going. He was yelling for me with slight panic in his voice. I grabbed him to pull him in the doorway. I could feel my house, which I think is made of straw, sway back and forth. "Uh oh," I thought...

The beau insisted we run outside. I didn't have my shoes on so I threw on some socks. I was wearing my brown sweatpants and the socks I grabbed were grey. Can you believe it? I guess a natural disaster will cause you to forget fashion rules temporarily. I was outside in my socks and I saw the beau gather some emergency items and keys. Next time I peaked in, he's sitting in front of the TV with the remote. "I'm coming in, damn it!!"

We didn't feel any of the 32 aftershocks. I live on landfill/quicksand and earthquakes are not good.

I hate earthquakes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

It could have been worse, you could have plumped for the socks and sandals combination in that moment of confusion. That would have been disasterous indeed.

:) xxxx

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home