Experiences, Not Things
That's my new year's resolution.
I have stuff. I don't need anymore stuff. Since I just paid off all my credit cards by taking out a low interest loan, I'm limiting any credit card purchases to my AMEX, which forces you to pay it all off by the end of the month.
My problem is that I like stuff, but I'm not going to scrapbook my new philosophy cleanser or a cute sweater. I am craving experiences.
After speaking to a friend about this, she suggested doing something new once a month. I've started compiling the list - horseback riding in Daly City, hiking around Mount Tam, kayaking in Monterey Bay, whale watching/glacier hopping in Alaska, getting fish tacos in Half Moon Bay, etc... How fun is this?
Oh, I have to add taking my vitamins as part of my resolution because the beau flips out that I don't regularly take mine.
So here's to new experiences in 2008!
I have stuff. I don't need anymore stuff. Since I just paid off all my credit cards by taking out a low interest loan, I'm limiting any credit card purchases to my AMEX, which forces you to pay it all off by the end of the month.
My problem is that I like stuff, but I'm not going to scrapbook my new philosophy cleanser or a cute sweater. I am craving experiences.
After speaking to a friend about this, she suggested doing something new once a month. I've started compiling the list - horseback riding in Daly City, hiking around Mount Tam, kayaking in Monterey Bay, whale watching/glacier hopping in Alaska, getting fish tacos in Half Moon Bay, etc... How fun is this?
Oh, I have to add taking my vitamins as part of my resolution because the beau flips out that I don't regularly take mine.
So here's to new experiences in 2008!

2 Comments:
Hello deary! Belated seasons greeting to ya, hope you're ok.
Enjoyed the catch up :) xxx
Hi there!!
Happy holidays! I just checked your blog for a new post, but we all need some time off sometimes.
Take care!
Post a Comment
<< Home