A New High, And Not The Kind I Like
Picture this - a stale Entenmann's Old Fashioned Buttermilk donut & three tablespoons of smooth, creamy butterscotch sauce heated ever so briefly in the microwave.
Now, picture me on the floor passed out from a very intense sugar overload.
I swear I thought it was a brilliant idea to combine the two, but man was it sugary. In fact, the donut disintegrated into power and sugar shards (that at one point was donut glaze) held together with the butterscotch binder.
I should have walked away after the first bite, but I thought I could just polish it off and be done with it. Bad idea. Tiny spoonful after tiny spoonful (I was eating with a tiny spoon because I thought it would make my dessert last longer. It did.) was consumed with what seemed like eons of time in between. It was straight out of the Simpsons as I swallowed one sugary beast of a bite, looked down at my saccharine snack in a heaping molten mass of caramel, and think, "MMM, butterscotch..." as another automatic spoonful made its way to my mouth.
I'm gonna lay down. Please shake me to make sure I haven't gone into some kind of sugar-induced coma, will you?
Now, picture me on the floor passed out from a very intense sugar overload.
I swear I thought it was a brilliant idea to combine the two, but man was it sugary. In fact, the donut disintegrated into power and sugar shards (that at one point was donut glaze) held together with the butterscotch binder.
I should have walked away after the first bite, but I thought I could just polish it off and be done with it. Bad idea. Tiny spoonful after tiny spoonful (I was eating with a tiny spoon because I thought it would make my dessert last longer. It did.) was consumed with what seemed like eons of time in between. It was straight out of the Simpsons as I swallowed one sugary beast of a bite, looked down at my saccharine snack in a heaping molten mass of caramel, and think, "MMM, butterscotch..." as another automatic spoonful made its way to my mouth.
I'm gonna lay down. Please shake me to make sure I haven't gone into some kind of sugar-induced coma, will you?

2 Comments:
Oh but sugar enduced comas are the BEST kind!!
Your sweet concotion sounds good to me. Toothache enducing, but good all the same :) xx
I actually thought about doing it again last night, but didn't. It was better that way I'm sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home