Lies
I find myself lying to myself to get through the day. Sure, you're gonna raise all the money you need to keep your job. Sure, food costs are going to go down. Sure, the Dodgers are going to pull through. That dream ended last night. Sure, you've got it all figured out.
I've got nothing figured out, but I don't feel too upset by it because my lies are working. Hurray for rose-colored glasses and spin doctoring!
One thing that will send me into a deep depression - if McCain wins. No matter how many lies I tell myself, I know things are going to get tougher and they're pretty damn tough right now as it is.
I've got nothing figured out, but I don't feel too upset by it because my lies are working. Hurray for rose-colored glasses and spin doctoring!
One thing that will send me into a deep depression - if McCain wins. No matter how many lies I tell myself, I know things are going to get tougher and they're pretty damn tough right now as it is.

3 Comments:
Just caught up on your posts. Things sound yuck right now, it's the same all over. Fingers crossed things will be and we'll all get through the tough times.
Loved hearing about the Blue Angels sweeping over your house! Took me a sec to work out what exactly they were, then I remembered our Red Devil's her in the UK and it all became clear :) xxx
"here in the uk" even!
Red Devils?! I'd love to see them. I'm going to see if I can find any video of them on YouTube or wherever the kids post these days.
I was in a bit of a funk, but what good will that do? So I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about things getting better.
Glad to see you're back posting!
Post a Comment
<< Home