You Know How I Love Them
It's Fleet Week in SF again. That means the Blue Angels and others are wreaking havoc on the ear drums of city residents. A friend and I have agreed to disagree on how fabulous the Blue Angels are - for her, not at all, for me, completely.
I had to work today. I know you're saying, "What? Why? It's Saturday and a three day weekend. The sun is shining and planes are flying. What do you mean you have to work?" I'm asking myself the same questions.
The event was planned a while ago and everyone was asked to help. People thought we'd have a great turnout because it was a 3-day weekend. It was a three hour event smack in the middle of the day AND during Fleet Week. Besides not wanting to mix and mingle, I wanted to see the air show.
I had to excuse myself early because traffic home was going to be a nightmare due to the throngs of people watching the air show. As I sat in traffic, the Blue Angels buzzed the city right over me. A few minutes later, traffic slowed to a crawl as we all strained to see daring swoops with trails of smoke following. One guy in the fast lane put on his blinker to signal lane change to the right. Instead he just stopped his car and watched the Angels. I managed not to rear end him, but what a jerk.
So I get home disappointed because of traffic and missing the show. I can still hear them as I go outside to water my many neglected plants. As I look up, four Angels flew over the house. Later a formation of three flew over. Each time, I stopped and waved so happy that the show came to me. Do you think they saw me?
I'm gonna take pix tomorrow. I'll post some later.
I had to work today. I know you're saying, "What? Why? It's Saturday and a three day weekend. The sun is shining and planes are flying. What do you mean you have to work?" I'm asking myself the same questions.
The event was planned a while ago and everyone was asked to help. People thought we'd have a great turnout because it was a 3-day weekend. It was a three hour event smack in the middle of the day AND during Fleet Week. Besides not wanting to mix and mingle, I wanted to see the air show.
I had to excuse myself early because traffic home was going to be a nightmare due to the throngs of people watching the air show. As I sat in traffic, the Blue Angels buzzed the city right over me. A few minutes later, traffic slowed to a crawl as we all strained to see daring swoops with trails of smoke following. One guy in the fast lane put on his blinker to signal lane change to the right. Instead he just stopped his car and watched the Angels. I managed not to rear end him, but what a jerk.
So I get home disappointed because of traffic and missing the show. I can still hear them as I go outside to water my many neglected plants. As I look up, four Angels flew over the house. Later a formation of three flew over. Each time, I stopped and waved so happy that the show came to me. Do you think they saw me?
I'm gonna take pix tomorrow. I'll post some later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home