Thursday, June 22, 2006

Goooooooooool Musings

I got to work late today because I tried to catch as much of the U.S. vs. Ghana game as I could. I started watching when the score was 0:1 in favor of Ghana. I flipped away to determine what the weather would be, as is my way (between 76 and 87F) and flipped back to find the U.S. scored. Woo hoo! I hunkered down for what I thought would be a battle of epic proportions. Then, in stoppage time at the end of the first half, Ghana was given a penalty kick. A penalty kick is a one on one attempt to score a goal. The player from Ghana played it just like he should've and they scored. Final score was 1:2 in favor of Ghana. In the replay, the "foul" that gave Ghana the penalty kick attempt was questionable. Big shock! If you watched the U.S. vs. Italy match, the ref was giving yellow and red cards like it was Christmas and he was Santa Claus. The U.S. got shafted in this World Cup, and not the way they like. I'm still predicting Ecuador will take it all. It could happen...

By the way, you do not want to get me started on the NBA Finals reffing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home