I Don't Like These Reindeer Games
I thought it would be easy to rile the head of the organization today since we had an all staff meeting this morning. But you know, I wasn't feeling much like sparring. Instead, I nodded in support of whatever news was shared. I was even asked if information conveyed by the head was accurate. It was, so grandly gestured with a Fonzie thumbs-up. Later that morning, the head came into the office and started chatting. I typically try not to listen (because I share my office and the head likes to make a grand entrance and interrupt whatever is going on so that the head can share whatever bit of fancy that floated into the head's head), but felt I had a chance to rebuild relations. I listened - legs crossed, leaning on my hand to emphasize listening (like the Thinker), and swiveling around in my chair. I chimed in with some on-point comment and we all nodded in agreement. Let's just say that I think we're on better terms now. Let me also say that this is a pattern of behavior by me, which I acknowledge. It's not very nice, but sometimes you have to be an ass to remind them how valuable you can be when you want.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home