Friday, June 23, 2006

Countdown: 7 Hours

Margaritas at 5:00p! Chips and salsa, too. Thank goodness because I needed something to get me through this non-pay Friday. I've conferred with the margarita-making squad and offered my services, as needed. I was told everything is under control despite the fact that I forgot the cocktail shaker. Very unlike me.

This morning, the break room has an array of snackies for the taking - cherries, strawberries, cookies, and M&Ms. I took a cup full of cherries and made my way back to my desk. There is not always a selection of snacks, but there is usually. I find it weird, but most welcomed. MMM, the cherries are just perfect, too.

My supervisor is back in the office today after being out a few days and boy did she miss a lot! There's been lots of Board chatter these days and things are reaching a head, I think. I expect some heads to roll. If not, at least some eyes are going to roll. I just have to brace for the impact. I think I'm safe, but I know others are targets. Maybe this is too heavy to think about now. Maybe I'll try to think pleasant thoughts - 7 hours 'til margaritas...

5 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

mmmmargaritas!! Sip one for me hun!
Enjoy!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

mmmmargaritas!! Sip one for me hun!
Enjoy!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Woah - I think this dodgy work pc has been on the alcoholic beverages too - how the heck did that post three times! Sorry *hangs head in shame*

10:30 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

You were just hoping I would have 3 drinks! I might have if I didn't have to drive. I toasted my blogging buddies and hoped we would all have a delightful weekend!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home