The Aftermath
5:00p came around yesterday and the margaritas flowed. I almost left the party early to write a post, but we were having too much fun. The margarita squad didn't prepare a big batch of margaritas. They created each one lovingly in a makeshift shaker, seeing as how I forgot to bring my shaker in. I got the honorary first drink. I rarely drink so I nursed it for the entire party. One was enough for me because I ended up leaning against the water cooler and taking in the atmosphere - people laughing, shouting that their country's team would win the World Cup, taking about the upcoming weekend plans - and learning a lot. The margarita squad said I was being too quiet, but that's how I am. The margarita squad also made guacamole and salsa from scratch, which made people giddy with delight.
I learned that the folks at work take their parties seriously, just like I do. We toasted the margarita squad after each drink they made. We toasted the ended of the week. We toasted the upstart who suggested the party. The supervisor who had given us the ok for the party declared that margaritas would flow once a month - at least through the summer. We toasted that.
We all work really hard, as I'm sure you do. You have to grab onto whatever you can to free your mind from the massive amounts of work we're asked to do. All I know is that I'm looking forward to July's margarita fest.
I learned that the folks at work take their parties seriously, just like I do. We toasted the margarita squad after each drink they made. We toasted the ended of the week. We toasted the upstart who suggested the party. The supervisor who had given us the ok for the party declared that margaritas would flow once a month - at least through the summer. We toasted that.
We all work really hard, as I'm sure you do. You have to grab onto whatever you can to free your mind from the massive amounts of work we're asked to do. All I know is that I'm looking forward to July's margarita fest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home