Friday, July 28, 2006

Let the Madness Begin

The Mojito Madness, that is. Today is the Mojito Madness party I planned. By planned, I mean 1) I suggested we have a party, 2) It got approved, 3) I have to make mojitos, and 4) I never tested any recipes. Hmm. Not sure how this madness is gonna work out, but I do know that I hope I don't make anyone mad. I am charging for the drinks, but this is standard practice in the office. I must expend my own funds, not the org's, for ingredients. Also, I must recoup said funds, lest I be a jackhole getting my colleagues drunk for what...the fun of it? Yeah, I'm not so generous.

Two people brought in mint - big, beautiful leaves of bright green, fragrant mint. There's no turning back. Believe it or not, I couldn't sleep thinking about the damn mojito making!! Every now and again, I have to surrender to that which will be and hope it goes well. As I checked my personal e-mail this morning, I found an advertisement from Bacardi WITH MOJITO RECIPES!!! It's a sign! But I forgot the muddler. I'll have to use a spoon or a stapler.

Side note: I didn't blog yesterday because I had a meeting in Oakland. It started at 10a and ended at 1p. I also had lunch with my committee Co-Chair, you know the one. She bought me lunch. It was very pleasant. I got home at 2p. I had a four hour workday and I loved it!! I need to figure out how to do that again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you put in enough rum, you'll be fine. That's really all you need to worry about.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Thanks! I'll remember that!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home