I Think It's Funny, In A Tragic Sort Of Way
I'm sitting at my desk chuckling and sighing because I can overhear a meeting with all of the sr. management team and others discussing an upcoming committee meeting. The reason it's funny (not "ha ha" funny) is because the BOD member that my recent office controversy surrounded called and expressed her displeasure about the next meeting's agenda and now some issues have to be addressed.
Because she can be crazy sometimes, and because the head of the org mishandled a meeting he had with her where he named staff that hated working with her, this meeting was convened to discuss how to deal with her displeasure. I can hear SHOUTING and someone has just invoked the name of God to help them with something. It sounds terribly serious and someone is about to cry, if they aren't crying already. I recognize the voice, and I like this person. I'm sad that they are upset. More shouting is happening and I think they're trying to make this person on the verge of tears feel better. Now, someone's hitting a table, I think. They've just erupted in laughter - the uncomfortable kind.
The person I like is going to need an aspirin after this. I think I'll take mine now. 30 minutes down, a lifetime to go...
Because she can be crazy sometimes, and because the head of the org mishandled a meeting he had with her where he named staff that hated working with her, this meeting was convened to discuss how to deal with her displeasure. I can hear SHOUTING and someone has just invoked the name of God to help them with something. It sounds terribly serious and someone is about to cry, if they aren't crying already. I recognize the voice, and I like this person. I'm sad that they are upset. More shouting is happening and I think they're trying to make this person on the verge of tears feel better. Now, someone's hitting a table, I think. They've just erupted in laughter - the uncomfortable kind.
The person I like is going to need an aspirin after this. I think I'll take mine now. 30 minutes down, a lifetime to go...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home