Mojito Anyone?
The head of the org is going on vacation starting tomorrow. It's perfect timing for our next Office Social.
I got permission to have the July booze-fest next Friday. I wasn't feeling like margaritas again, so I decided that I'd throw out the idea of mojitos and see what others thought. I was surprised to find that many of my colleagues have never had a mojito. Those of us who have had one expressed the sheer joy the marriage of rum, simple syrup, mint, and whatever else is in there makes.
I called the margarita squad to ask if they were a go for next Friday. They said that they were available, but that they know nothing about mojitos. Damn it. I had to go to Plan B - find someone who does have mojito making experience. Again, I was surprised to find not one amateur mixologist in the group. You know what this means? I have to make the damn mojitos!! Seems like lots of people are willing to help, but to have someone taste a mojito that I've prepared as their first one is a bit scary. They all know and love the margaritas from the margarita squad. I've got a lot to live up to. Expectations are high. I'd better practice.
Tasters needed.
I got permission to have the July booze-fest next Friday. I wasn't feeling like margaritas again, so I decided that I'd throw out the idea of mojitos and see what others thought. I was surprised to find that many of my colleagues have never had a mojito. Those of us who have had one expressed the sheer joy the marriage of rum, simple syrup, mint, and whatever else is in there makes.
I called the margarita squad to ask if they were a go for next Friday. They said that they were available, but that they know nothing about mojitos. Damn it. I had to go to Plan B - find someone who does have mojito making experience. Again, I was surprised to find not one amateur mixologist in the group. You know what this means? I have to make the damn mojitos!! Seems like lots of people are willing to help, but to have someone taste a mojito that I've prepared as their first one is a bit scary. They all know and love the margaritas from the margarita squad. I've got a lot to live up to. Expectations are high. I'd better practice.
Tasters needed.

2 Comments:
Seriously, it would be a really good idea to practice. I remember going to a bbq at Boner's a couple of years ago. He made mojitos and they were just awful. Simply terrible. We're still friends and all, but deep down I've always thought less of him because of it. And unless you want people to start thinking less of you, you'd better start practicing...
I am determined to spend the weekend practicing. The beau said he'd help be a tester. I'm e-scared.
Post a Comment
<< Home