Monday, July 17, 2006

Making My Way, The Only Way I Know How

I told the beau this weekend that I'm job searching down south. He asked, "Where?" I gave him the name of my target city - a lovely seaside community north of L.A. He thought it was a good idea. So was born my obsession with finding a job in said lovely seaside community. Not a whole lot of options in said city, but if you don't know me, you won't know that I can be tenacious when I have my mind fixed on something. So, I've got to find any and all available and compatible opportunities for me to apply for and get something fast, but not too fast. I have a bonus review coming up and I'd sure like to take home some bonus cash. It could help pay for the move, should there be one. Plus, I think the beau and I need a change. Nothing like moving across the state to shake things up.

I'm ready to leave SF. There's so much I like, but it never felt like home. It is like living in a tourist town all the time. Everything is expensive. Everything is built on top of everything else. There's no parking. When there is parking, it's $25 a day. Plus, I like my metropolitans sprawling. SF is anything but. It's 7 miles by 7 miles. You know how long it takes to cross 7 miles? Forever because of all the cars and buses on the road weaving in and out of traffic. This may sound silly, but I miss seeing trees, grass, and mountains. All I see is water. I know, "Boo hoo." I need my vistas.

Sure, I'll miss the bridges and watching the tankers and cruise ships coming in and out of the bay. I'll miss the reflection of the city on the water on a clear night. I'll miss the clean air! I'll miss the Vine Ripened Veggie Salad at Nordstroms' Cafe. Luckily, I have some good friends up here that I can visit if I need a fix.

I've gotten a bit ahead of myself. I'm not going anywhere yet. Step one: Get job. Step two: Find apartment. Step three: Pack 'er up and move 'er out. Sounds easy enough, right? [insert naivety here]

2 Comments:

Blogger Russell Palmer said...

Don't say "Down South" unless you mean..."Down South." ;). Southern California is about as far from "Down South" as you can get!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Ah, I always forget to view things from a national perspective. I'll give "SoCal" a try. Try, I say.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home