Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What Time is It?!

It's 12:25p and I haven't blogged once today. How can that be? Could it be that I'm expected to work in the mornings and not just blog my life away? Yes. Yes, I am.

It's also my lunch hour. Don't know what I'm having yet and it's troubling.

Tuesdays are always very heavy meeting days. Had one at 8:30a and another from 10:00a until 11:30a. That one is excruciating. Today, no one would let me talk. People talked all over what I was saying. I've mentioned before I have no poker face and I was clearly peeved. I was tapping my foot in silent frustration, biting my lip in obvious frustration, and avoiding eye contact lest I glare someone to death. There must also be some planet in retrograde because when I did get to talk, no one understood what the hell I was saying. I got lectured about something that I was not even talking about. I got my revenge. At the end of this meeting, we go around the table to ask if there is anything else anyone wants to say. Typically, the group answers no and the meeting is adjourned. Not today. Today, I found 3 topics to talk about. One of them engaged quite a lively discussion. I got my two cents in after all.

I was reading the LA Times today and found this little gem:
The return of Mr. T
Thursday, 10:35 a.m.

TV Land, a division of MTV Networks, kicked off Thursday’s press tour sessions from the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel & Spa in Pasadena. Before now, the retro rerun channel’s most notable original series was last year's “Chasing Farrah," which followed the hazy doings of Farrah Fawcett.

But this fall, Mr. T will lead the motivational reality show “I Pity the Fool.” The iconic 1980’s star, still Mohawked after all these years, is, to quote from the press materials, “on a mission to change people’s lives by dispensing his own brand of advice.”

The sight of an aging Mr. T, in a dark suit and white sneakers, might have seemed poignant, but the questions from the critics focused only on T jokes.

For 45 minutes, it went like this:

“Mr. T, why do you pity the fool?”

“I’ve followed your career fairly closely: when did you become a self-help guru?”

“Mr. T, can you talk about the transition from 50 pounds of gold chains to a necktie?”

“Have you ever thought of changing your hairstyle?”

“Is there a Mrs. T?”

“Mr. T, who are some of the countries bigger fools?”

“Is there a fool-o-meter?”
-- Kate Aurthur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home