The Times They Are A-Changin'
I've been reflecting on what it means to get older. It means different things to different people. Of course, you know that.
Why is it that I still get acne breakouts? Isn't that supposed to have stopped in my teens? I followed Jessica Simpson's advice (hee hee) and used ProActiv. It helped, but now the small breakouts seem to have joined forces and created much larger ones!
Why do I go to the bathroom much more frequently now? Maybe I'm finally hydrated enough instead of being dehydrated all the time. I'm sure my body appreciates the effort, but I have to keep the Charmin stocked - and we know that ain't cheap!
What does it mean to be Sr. Management? I remember my "up and coming" days when I used to go out to lunch w/ colleagues and talk about Sr. Management. Now, I am Sr. Management. I see the stealthy gripe meetings taking place all around me, but as part of Sr. Management, I'm not trusted to hear their gripes. It's probably petty drama I don't want any part of, but I never thought I wouldn't be included in those types of bitch sessions. This is probably a good thing.
What the hell has happened to my metabolism? Yeah, can't eat what I want, when I want anymore. I've never had an issue with weight and am struggling with how to deal with it now. Luckily, I've talked a colleague into going out for daily brisk 30 min. walks. That should help, I think...
What are the kids listening to!? I can't find new music that I like. I'm out of touch with any sort of scene here in SF. MTV scares me because I don't want to dance to songs about butts, booze, and teen angst. I used to laugh at people who couldn't enjoy new, cutting edge music. Now, I just cry inside. Is it so wrong to still listen to Concrete Blonde and Camper Van Beethovan?
Why is it that I still get acne breakouts? Isn't that supposed to have stopped in my teens? I followed Jessica Simpson's advice (hee hee) and used ProActiv. It helped, but now the small breakouts seem to have joined forces and created much larger ones!
Why do I go to the bathroom much more frequently now? Maybe I'm finally hydrated enough instead of being dehydrated all the time. I'm sure my body appreciates the effort, but I have to keep the Charmin stocked - and we know that ain't cheap!
What does it mean to be Sr. Management? I remember my "up and coming" days when I used to go out to lunch w/ colleagues and talk about Sr. Management. Now, I am Sr. Management. I see the stealthy gripe meetings taking place all around me, but as part of Sr. Management, I'm not trusted to hear their gripes. It's probably petty drama I don't want any part of, but I never thought I wouldn't be included in those types of bitch sessions. This is probably a good thing.
What the hell has happened to my metabolism? Yeah, can't eat what I want, when I want anymore. I've never had an issue with weight and am struggling with how to deal with it now. Luckily, I've talked a colleague into going out for daily brisk 30 min. walks. That should help, I think...
What are the kids listening to!? I can't find new music that I like. I'm out of touch with any sort of scene here in SF. MTV scares me because I don't want to dance to songs about butts, booze, and teen angst. I used to laugh at people who couldn't enjoy new, cutting edge music. Now, I just cry inside. Is it so wrong to still listen to Concrete Blonde and Camper Van Beethovan?

4 Comments:
Acne--It just means your skin is still youthful, right?
Bathroom--Bladder shrinkage.
Sr. Mgmt--"work less, make more."
Metabolism--maybe its something you did to your liver in college. Stabbed it perhaps?
What are the kids listening to?--You can bet it's largely crap, just like the people who came before us thought our music was crap. Crap I tell you. Well, at the very least Emo IS crap. And it's whiny crap at that.
Acne -- It sure looks youthful. And by youthful, I mean peppered with red bumps.
Bathroom -- Damn shrinkage! I have taken a fancy to my water breaks. It's been so hot here.
Sr. Management -- "Work MORE, make a decent amount" Not enough for single income living, that's for sure.
Metabolism -- Maybe if I got up from my desk and walked around some, it'd help. My liver and I have a mutual understanding that I don't hurt it, it doesn't hurt me. My kidneys and I are still in negotiations.
Music -- I'm curious about this Emo you speak of... I'll listen to it so that I can speak with authority when I say it's crap. I hope I hate it. I like the Smiths...
What the heck is Emo Anyway?
http://www.fourfa.com/
Don't think I'll be adding any Emo to the mixed cd collection. Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment
<< Home