Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I'm exhausted. My entire body hurts because my visit was non-stop.

I saw all my family, which was so great. I miss them all. I loved being able to catch up and see how everyone is doing. We spent our first day together enjoying a feast of pupusas from the local pupuseria. It's kind of like a stuffed tortilla. The fillings include: cheese, chicharron, beans, and any combo of those items. My faves are the chicharron with beans. SO GOOD!! My sis's b-day was on Wednesday and I'm glad I was there to help celebrate.

Thursday was my job interview. I think it went really well, but we'll have to see. The location is beautiful and serene. The staff seemed really smart and professional. Most of the staffers were wearing flip flops. I only mention that because very rarely do you see flip flops in a Development environment. I could really like it there, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I want it really badly. AHHH! Anyway, I had to convince my poor sister to drive hours just to get me to and fro the interview because I didn't rent a car. Thank you, sis! My other sis and her 2 children came with. They dropped me off, went to the beach, picked me up, and we drove back. LONG HAUL. We had to avoid no less than 3 accidents on the freeway just to get there. If it's meant to be, great...

Friday was Disneyland day. It started out very early in the morn and lasted until midnight. I have a few words of advice for you about Disneyland:
1. Don't wear shoes you bought for kayaking. They're probably not meant to hold up to 14 hours of walking around.
2. Try not to go when the sun is scorching the earth. It makes things quite uncomfortable and it makes people stinkier than they ususally are.
3. Don't go in August on a Friday when the kids are out of school. It gets crowded. Crowded, I say!
4. Don't forget you disability parking placard or you'll have to park far, far away.
5. Do buy your churro early, even if you think you aren't hungry, or you'll end up eating the one your sis bought. The churros are the best on the planet.
6. Do stake out a spot an hour before the fireworks spectacular or you'll end up on the hard concrete. Luckily, my mom and I snagged bench spots with an obstructed view, and it was worth it. Disney has a boat-load of cash to spend on that display and it shows. Wow!! I mean they are making a min. $49 for passes, but it's more like $60-70 per person AND $10 for parking.
7. Hide your cash. Practically every big ride exits through a gift shop.
8. Eat dinner. Food doesn't stay open past 10p.
9. Run. You can't see the whole park unless you run from ride to ride. I learned that from my older sis. I only saw the back of her head the whole time because she was yards in front of me running to the next ride!
10. Go with loved ones because it makes the experience so memorable! My photos sucked, but I have my memories.

I left on Saturday. I wasn't ready to go. It feels like there's a lot of change happening in the family - some good, some bad - but we have each other and that's what counts. I had zero time for visits with friends (so sorry, Friends!), but, hopefully, I'll get flown down for a second in-person interview.

I'm back in SF, but for how long?

6 Comments:

Blogger Russell Palmer said...

Whew. I'm in pain. I was expecting a nice, churro-savoring post, but the churro was merely a flash in the pan--borrowed from your sister.

Good luck with your job search. I know travel can be trying, especially when you throw an amusement visit in--it's way fun though!

Blazing in the "South" too. Ugh.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Oh, but this was just my brief visit overview post. Just wait for the painfully detailed description of the sweetness and light that is a Disneyland churro. MMM...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Just went out to lunch, running errands in Koreatown. The sun is still scorching the earth here in L.A. Some of my co-workers are wearing flip-flops...although not in the Development department. You know, I once interviewed at a place in Glendale where they had a "no open-toed shoes" policy posted on the Development Director's door. I knew then and there that it was not the place for me.

They didn't have any churros at the interview, either.

Don't despair. You'll get a call back. You will be moving south. It is written in the stars.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I know why that sign was posted on the DOD's door - she/he has toenail fungus. Or they just plain hate toes.

I hope the stars want me down there. If not, I'm gonna have me a talk with some stars! UH!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

mmmmm....disapointed...........no mention of Golden Mickey Ears........:) Sounds like you had a great time! x

3:30 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

My niece and nephew bought golden mickey ears. They are very flimsy. I was surprised at the materials, which were very cheap, yet the hat still cost $12.00.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home