Saturday, July 29, 2006

Guess Who?

The answer is me. The full quesion is: Who makes a damn good mojito!!?

Mojito Madness went really well. I was in the breakroom making the mojitos like a mad scientist preparing a potion. I used the mojito recipe from epicurious.com, which I will link on Monday. My home computer is more tempermental than the one at work. It also means that there will likely be spelling errors I won't catch because I can't spell check from home.

I dragged a colleague with me to the supermarket. I think she appreciated the distraction because her workload is double that of mine. Who wants to work on a pay Friday anyway? I needed some input on what snacks should accompany the drinks. After much deliberation, we opted for a veggie cream cheese spread, a pesto goat cheese spread, crackers, and sour cream and cheese seasoned Baked Lays. You might want to pick up these Baked Lays because they're damn good and they go fabulously with veggie cream cheese spread on them.

Seven people rsvp'd for the party. Of course, like 12 people showed up. Hello? Why do you think I ask for an rsvp? Quantities! Luckily, I figured as much so I was prepared. The recipe I used was for 6 servings. I gave everyone a 1/2 serving. It worked out. We drank and snacked beginning at 4:45p and stayed until 6p.

At about 4:00p, my boss asked if I would help her with a project she was working on all day. I said of course. She asked me to compose some paragraphs and explanations for our next fiscal year Development plan and she wanted me to explain the expenses related to several budget lines. Normally, I like to spend a good deal of time on a project like that, but I had 15 minutes before I had to start my mojito making. I had to turn on my brain juices and churn something out, which I did. I submitted it to her and let her do what she needed to do with it. I'll bet she uses a fraction of it, which is fine because it's she who has to justify the document to the Dev Co-Chairs in the end.

I really like my boss, but she's had a rough go of it since she started 9 weeks ago. Rumor has it that she is looking for another job already. I don't blame her. They treat her like crap and she gets NO support from the head of the org. I'd leave, too. Wait. I am trying... I'm done with that place. The only thing keeping me going are the after work socials and the possibility of a bonus next month. Luckily, I brought home the leftover mojito making ingredients and will continue the madness at home this weekend. Hope your weekend is/was good, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

I gotta get that recipe.....if I didn't work in a dry house I'd suggest bit of mojito magic for ourselves!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I've linked the recipe. I made more this weekend. They're so easy to make and so yummy. You and your friends will enjoy it!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home