Nothing but Churros
I'm busy at work trying to get things ready for my "vacation" on Wednesday. I entertained the idea of coming to work in the morn on Wednesday, but people think I'm crazy. I'm not. If you work 4 hours, you get paid for the day and I wouldn't have to take a vacation day. See, I'm always thinking. My plane leaves in the late afternoon.
I'm already trying to organize my rampage of restaurants because, on some level, L.A. is about food. Food and family - what a great combination! I can't wait to get me some churros when I get to Disneyland. I just hope they don't cost $5. I'll cry. I'll snap a photo just to prove it. Me crying in front of the churro stand. It wouldn't be the first time I've shed tears there.
I hate parting with my hard earned cash, especially when I know I'm getting screwed. Maybe it's because I'm intoxicated with magic pixie dust, but Disneyland has the best churros! Must-not-be-extorted. Must-resist-churro-temptation. Seeing as how I'm broke, it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm kinda drooling now just thinking about it. Very pavlovian of me.
I'm already trying to organize my rampage of restaurants because, on some level, L.A. is about food. Food and family - what a great combination! I can't wait to get me some churros when I get to Disneyland. I just hope they don't cost $5. I'll cry. I'll snap a photo just to prove it. Me crying in front of the churro stand. It wouldn't be the first time I've shed tears there.
I hate parting with my hard earned cash, especially when I know I'm getting screwed. Maybe it's because I'm intoxicated with magic pixie dust, but Disneyland has the best churros! Must-not-be-extorted. Must-resist-churro-temptation. Seeing as how I'm broke, it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm kinda drooling now just thinking about it. Very pavlovian of me.

4 Comments:
According to my research, churros at Disneyland cost $3.50 (as of July 17th). Not too terrible, but can't compete with...fish tacos in Highland Park, fool! You gotta trust me on this one. Oh, and a wheelchair is $8 (plus a refundable deposit of $20). Might be a good investment.
We can not go to the L.A. Zoo without getting my creampuff a churro, or she goes into a certifiable rage. It is a kneejerk reaction -- as soon as we walk past the flamingos, she's all, "Where's my damn churro?"
Ah, churros...
Oh, where was I? How long will you be here in the city of your birth? And can I see you at some point during this visit?
Mmmm.....flash back to dunking these tasty sticks into hot chocolate in the Costa del Somewhere as a child. Happy days. Must admit though, don't remember them being that deliciously greasy looking!!! xx
Wow! All kinds of feedback. Thanks, people. It makes me feel all warm and churro-y inside.
J. Ringo - Brilliant research. I really appreciate it. Can I spare $3.50 for a churro? I think so!! And I'll reserve my wheelchair, too. Now, we'll get bumped to the front of all the ride lines and finish our Disney adventure in 2 hours!!
Lisa - I'm there from Wed. ~4p until Sat. ~6p. Does Thurs or Sat work? BTW, the Zoo is the only other place that has churros as good as Disneyland!
Nat - If they aren't deliciously greasy looking, they aren't worth eating. I enjoy the outside crispy - with just a little sugar/cinnamon - and the middle a little raw. Heaven...
Post a Comment
<< Home