It Was Very Nice to Meet You
So I FINALLY heard back from that place I interviewed. It's only been 5 or 6 weeks. Surprise, surprise! I did not get offered the job. Oh, well. Not too shocking.
The letter came last night. I walked through the door and the beau picked up the note and said, "Is this the first time you've heard from them?" He practically shook the note at me, but put it down because he was anxious and didn't want to make me nervous. I looked at the note and said, "Yup."
The note was tiny - no more than a 4"x4" envelope. I knew what it was, of course. I didn't end up reading the text because I scanned it and saw "position filled" blah, blah, blah... That was enough for me. I did, however, take notice of the personal handwritten note. It was written in black felt pen. Black. As a development person, I am not a fan of any personal notes written in black. Black screams insincere to me. The handwritten note said that it was very nice to meet me.
[insert dry heaving here]
The letter came last night. I walked through the door and the beau picked up the note and said, "Is this the first time you've heard from them?" He practically shook the note at me, but put it down because he was anxious and didn't want to make me nervous. I looked at the note and said, "Yup."
The note was tiny - no more than a 4"x4" envelope. I knew what it was, of course. I didn't end up reading the text because I scanned it and saw "position filled" blah, blah, blah... That was enough for me. I did, however, take notice of the personal handwritten note. It was written in black felt pen. Black. As a development person, I am not a fan of any personal notes written in black. Black screams insincere to me. The handwritten note said that it was very nice to meet me.
[insert dry heaving here]

5 Comments:
Screw them and their insincerity and their black ink.
Yeah, what you said! I mean really. No blue pen?
They are clearly a bunch of morons with whom you do not want to be associated anyway. And not just morons, but insincere morons. The worst kind of morons.
I'll just stick with my bunch of morons. They know me and I know them.
Could've been worse...could have been a red pen. Ugh. Talk about dry heaves.
Post a Comment
<< Home