Swelled-ed
Since Friday, my tongue has been so swollen that it has the indentation marks of my teeth. I can't see my throat past my swollen and disfigured tongue. It tingles, and not anyway I like. My salivary glands are all swollen and my face is puffed out. Funny I didn't notice until the doc poked at it.
I thought I had had too much citrus and my mouth was reacting to it, but no. Thank goodness because I love me some citrus! I also thought that I was so stressed that my tongue couldn't help but try to break past my teeth in an effort to escape the madness. No.
I went to the doctor yesterday who said I had a measle-like virus and that I should be better in two or three weeks. I explained to the doc that I didn't have time for this. His cool response was, "Who does?" Touche, doc.
I took the day off of work thinking that, by not talking, my tongue would magically shrink and all would be well. It's getting better, but I wonder how long 'til I'm back to normal. The timing is horrible since I have a plane to catch on Thursday. And I'm hungry. Eating is difficult. Argh!
I thought I had had too much citrus and my mouth was reacting to it, but no. Thank goodness because I love me some citrus! I also thought that I was so stressed that my tongue couldn't help but try to break past my teeth in an effort to escape the madness. No.
I went to the doctor yesterday who said I had a measle-like virus and that I should be better in two or three weeks. I explained to the doc that I didn't have time for this. His cool response was, "Who does?" Touche, doc.
I took the day off of work thinking that, by not talking, my tongue would magically shrink and all would be well. It's getting better, but I wonder how long 'til I'm back to normal. The timing is horrible since I have a plane to catch on Thursday. And I'm hungry. Eating is difficult. Argh!

2 Comments:
Does this mean you're not gonna be able to eat Tommy's? Say it ain't so! Hope you feel better soon...
I KNOW!! But I have an update...
Post a Comment
<< Home