Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dinner - Two Ways


You know how I get the delivery from cook-sf.com each week? This week I got miso salmon with soba noodles. I was talking on the phone with my sis (who reminded me that she has dibs on Ewan so I had better back off) and burned my salmon. Thankfully, the burned bits peeled right off.
---------------
Also this week, I went out to dinner with one of my oldest friends in SF. She and I hadn't seen each other in a while and it was good to catch up.
We ate at the Salt House on Mission in SF. We started with two oysters each. I hadn't had raw oysters before and my friend thought I might like it. I tried ones called Chelsea Gems and they were heavenly. I could've had 100 of them! For appetizers, we shared some baked peaches and scallops prepared with chorizo. The scallops were yum-diddly-um. (I'm so into scallops these days.) The peaches were good, but not great. My entree was hanger steak served with a medley of mushrooms. She had the duck. We got to try each other's entrees. They were good. Again, not great. The seasoning was off. We were both full after that so we only ordered and shared the cheese platter sampler (YUM!) and the choco-espresso mousse w/ cocoa nib madelines.
Life is hard some times, but it helps when you have good friends around (and scallops).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home