I'm a Jerk
I've been acting like a real jerk. I've been cranky at work and at home. I've been trying to make myself feel better by buying jewelry on GemsTV (my new fave shopping channel) but my lovely pieces aren't filling the emptiness. I can barely get up off the couch to get myself anything to eat, which I'm SURE is contributing to my endless headache.
I hate my job, so it's good it's ending. I'm feeling endlessly sorry for myself, but it's not like I invested hundreds of thousands like someone I know, who shall remain nameless, on the project. Yikes. Why can't I get myself out of this funk??
My boss and I had lunch yesterday and she offered me a lame position at the organization. However, it would be at my same pay rate, which is great!! So, I could do this job and ride off into the sunset or I could look around. I made sure I never accepted her job offer. I just said that I could be great at it. I have two meetings tomorrow and one is exploring a job opportunity elsewhere. I'm always working some angle.
I just ate some delicious food - lamb tangine and couscous and I'm starting to feel like myself a bit. It doesn't hurt that I got a Brazilian Fire Opal ring in the mail today and its cheery golden hue is making me smile. Damn it! I was hoping to return it, but I love it. I have turned into such a right-hand ring gal. That was a jerky thing to say. Oh, the cycle continues...
I hate my job, so it's good it's ending. I'm feeling endlessly sorry for myself, but it's not like I invested hundreds of thousands like someone I know, who shall remain nameless, on the project. Yikes. Why can't I get myself out of this funk??
My boss and I had lunch yesterday and she offered me a lame position at the organization. However, it would be at my same pay rate, which is great!! So, I could do this job and ride off into the sunset or I could look around. I made sure I never accepted her job offer. I just said that I could be great at it. I have two meetings tomorrow and one is exploring a job opportunity elsewhere. I'm always working some angle.
I just ate some delicious food - lamb tangine and couscous and I'm starting to feel like myself a bit. It doesn't hurt that I got a Brazilian Fire Opal ring in the mail today and its cheery golden hue is making me smile. Damn it! I was hoping to return it, but I love it. I have turned into such a right-hand ring gal. That was a jerky thing to say. Oh, the cycle continues...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home