Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

This is possibly one of the most important elections I can remember for so many reasons. The primary one is that if the republicans win, there goes a lot that I hold dear that could be lost like civil rights, improvements to the education system and making health care more available to folks who need it and can't afford it. If the democrats win, I would be more confident that the economy would get better, health care would begin to be available to more people, and education will be a priority.

I'm so nervous. Everyone around me is nervous. I've been hearing and reading stories about people having to wait for hours to vote. But they're waiting. Thank goodness. We're supposed to see record numbers at the polls.

I hope by tomorrow that I'll get to write that Barack Obama is our new president. I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home