Monday, October 27, 2008

Assorted Randoms

Congrats to Mama Blah Blah on the birth of her beautiful baby girl. She's a beautiful little person!
-------
I hate Halloween! When will that madness end? I hate all things scary.
-------
I have missed falafel. I just had a delicious 1/4 of a sandwich and I got full.
-------
I made refried beans this weekend. They should have cooked a tad longer, but the flavor was so there. The beau is a seasoning master.
-------
So many migraines last week. So I'm trying to eat better, drink more water, and be considerate of me and my needs. However, my needs want me to not work and sleep all day. I'm going to have to have a talk with my needs.
-------
I got word that I received a grant that I submitted for in Sept. for the project I've been working so hard for. Whew! I was ready to abandon mission. I got less than I asked for (and I didn't ask for a lot) but it's good to know that it was deemed worthy.
------
I'm still really mad at the commercials asking folks to send in their old gold jewelry for cash. How many poor folks are getting duped by this? The firm runs their ads day and night. Are people really that stupid?
-----
Speaking of irksome commercials - that one with the head of Sprint who is sitting at the old fashioned diner talking to me about how weird it is we call cell phones "phones" considering all the things they can do makes me mad. I reflexively tell him to shut up every time. Reflexively? Is that what I mean to say? Anyway, Sprint - you're annoying!
-----
I just paid $3.23 for gas. My dream of paying under $3 is so close I can feel it. I have curbed my driving in an attempt to save $$ and reduce my carbon emissions. That won't change if gas continues to go down. A penny saved is a penny earned after all.
-----
But I did just spend several new pennies on a ring. OK! Stop brow beating me! Two rings. I'll share later.
-----
Is it time to start my new vacation countdown? I think so...

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Ooh vacation count downs! Any plans made yet, or is it just wishful thinking?! xx

7:37 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I'm going on another cruise. This time to Mexico. I had booked an excursion to swim with sea lions, bu tthen I remembered that sea lions are not nice, so I cancelled it. I have other excursions booked that I can't recall now. I'm excited.

Don't think I travel all the time. I take a vacation about every 2-3 years. My next one will be in ~3 years (aside from visiting family.)

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that old fashioned diner is 2 blocks from my job.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

If that guy is in there, bop him one for me with your cell phone.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home