Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ok, Now I'm Excited

I went wedding dress shopping. I've had lots of great suggestions from people as to where to go and what to look for. I visited many, many websites and landed at the Jessica McClintock site and found this. Do you like it? It's my new wedding dress.

Yes, it was the first one I tried on. I did try another, but it was yucky and 80s. I got the ivory with pink, but I'm also going to get the royal blue sash to wear instead of the pink because I want the theme colors to be blue, brown and ivory.

The dress color made my skin look good. You know, I just looked good in that dress. It doesn't need one stitch of altering. The length is perfect. I ordered some ivory shoes to go with it because it complimented the dress well, they were comfy, and HELLO, they were $30. The veil is $75. I thought that was a bit pricey, but all in all, everything comes in under $600. Good, no?

Did I mention how easy it is to move in the dress? And, I know this is weird, but I don't have to worry about a bra because it's designed to pack you in all secure-like. I don't even need Spanx because it's covered in the meshy lacey stuff and it makes you look flawless. Good one, Jess!

HOWEVER, I did show the picture of the dress to the beau yesterday and he didn't think it was going to look good. HA! He was wrong. I wish he was more involved in the planning, but this train is moving, is all I'm saying.

I'm so glad this process went smoothly. Imagine post after post of me whining about not finding a dress.

Now, if only the damn cruise wedding coordinators would call me. Am I going to have to get married on land?! Please say no...

5 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

I love it! It will look perfect on you. The beau doesn't know what he's talk about.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Thanks. I want to get it this weekend. Should I try it on again just in case?! I don't know how this whole thing works.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Try it on again just to make sure you still love it. Then go for it. I found my dress the first day I looked too. Who has time to look for months on end?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I bought it! Hee hee...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

I like the dress, and really that's all that matters. No, wait -- YOU like the dress, and that's what matters. You will look beautiful in that. Awww....

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home