Awkwardness at the Pharmacy
I think my pharmacist likes me. I mean "likes" likes me. Talk about awkward. This is the guy who fills my prescriptions so he kind of knows more about me than I'd like. And he has lots of piercings, which I really don't like looking at, but I have to because he's always talking to me.
It's funny because the pharmacist on staff in the morning is a guy with drawn on eye brows. Also a nice guy, but I hate drawn on eye brows. I stopped my morning pharmacy runs and switched to the afternoon, when piercy works.
Maybe I'm reading him wrong. Maybe he's just super nice. Here's where I think it went terribly wrong. I had been trying to get a prescription filled for ~3 weeks. There was a problem with the prescription instructions. Then, my plan didn't cover the prescription. So I have been waiting a while with dry, itchy eyes until everything got sorted.
Finally, I get a call at work from the pharmacy. Him - "Hi, this is Mark." Me - [Silence. Who is Mark?] Him - "From the pharmacy?" Me - [Sounds like piercy. Why would he think I know his name?] Him - "Your prescription is ready. [Long story about the struggle with the doctor and the health plan to get me my eye drops.] Me - "Thanks. I'll go get it tomorrow. Bye."
I went the next day IN THE MORNING. Not only was eye brow guy there, but so was piercy. He grabs my prescription while eye brow guy is at the only register helping another customer. He leaves the prescription on the counter and walks away. He returns two seconds later and starts giving me the instructions (add one drop per eye twice a day as needed) while eye brow guy is still helping the other customer. I don't say much and he sulks away.
I'm pretty sure it's all in my head right? I don't have to change pharmacy, right? I'm really bad at picking up when people "like" me, which hinders the situation. I'm just gonna pretend things are normal 'cause I have to go back soon.
It's funny because the pharmacist on staff in the morning is a guy with drawn on eye brows. Also a nice guy, but I hate drawn on eye brows. I stopped my morning pharmacy runs and switched to the afternoon, when piercy works.
Maybe I'm reading him wrong. Maybe he's just super nice. Here's where I think it went terribly wrong. I had been trying to get a prescription filled for ~3 weeks. There was a problem with the prescription instructions. Then, my plan didn't cover the prescription. So I have been waiting a while with dry, itchy eyes until everything got sorted.
Finally, I get a call at work from the pharmacy. Him - "Hi, this is Mark." Me - [Silence. Who is Mark?] Him - "From the pharmacy?" Me - [Sounds like piercy. Why would he think I know his name?] Him - "Your prescription is ready. [Long story about the struggle with the doctor and the health plan to get me my eye drops.] Me - "Thanks. I'll go get it tomorrow. Bye."
I went the next day IN THE MORNING. Not only was eye brow guy there, but so was piercy. He grabs my prescription while eye brow guy is at the only register helping another customer. He leaves the prescription on the counter and walks away. He returns two seconds later and starts giving me the instructions (add one drop per eye twice a day as needed) while eye brow guy is still helping the other customer. I don't say much and he sulks away.
I'm pretty sure it's all in my head right? I don't have to change pharmacy, right? I'm really bad at picking up when people "like" me, which hinders the situation. I'm just gonna pretend things are normal 'cause I have to go back soon.

5 Comments:
:D
Love it :) xx
Who WOULDN'T have a crush on you, Cee?
I expect NO ONE to ever have a crush on me. I prefer not dealing with the weirdness.
I'm going to send the beau to pick up my next prescription. Not too subtle, right?
"Expecting" and "preferring" are two completely different things. You've gotta be careful how you handle your pharmacist. He's in charge of your drugs. He could kill you a thousand different ways, if he wanted to...
D'oh, Johnny. Always with the sobering comments...
Post a Comment
<< Home