Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I've Been Bad

I skip lunch. Not occasionally. All the time and for no reason. (H1z1?!?!)

A colleague of mine is wise to me. She said, "What's the deal? You haven't had lunch in ages. Snacks aren't lunch." My colleague is very nice, but there was an angry or urgent tone in her voice. Damn it, I thought. I'd better get some lunch.

I picked up a sandwich at Beautifull and it was good, but expensive. And that's my main problem. I skip lunch because I don't want to pay for it. I'd rather starve. It's not because I have no money. It's because I hate to spend money on necessities. I am trying to work on this nonsense.

I have to go to Costco this evening to pick up some medicine, so I might also get some future lunch fixings.*

*I'm pretty sure I won't. I get overwhelmed and if the beau isn't with me, I'll just get what I need and leave. Big TVs and 300 thread count sheets won't get a second look.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Wait, what? Do I need to stage an intervention? Things have really changed since we worked together and lunch was the highlight of the day. Who are you?!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Lunch is no longer a highlight. It's a reminder that my friends are all gone.

I didn't bring lunch again, so I'll figure something out.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home