Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Marathon TVing

The beau and I have been working quite hard at our jobs. Yesterday, we plopped ourselves in front of the TV for some marathon TV watching as a reward.

The Raiders were in preseason action so, of course, we had to watch that. How I've missed the beau's ranting and raving at the TV screen because the Raiders are losing! Thankfully, the Raiders won! UH! How many more weeks of football is there!!? My ears can't take it!

The SF Giants and the Oakland A's were playing last night, too. We flipped between the games to monitor the action. Because the Dodgers were also playing, we had to flip to ESPN to track how they were doing. I wanted the Giants to win because they're so far back in the NL West that it wouldn't matter if they won and their opponents, the Padres, are hot on the heels of my Dodgers in the standings. The beau wanted the A's to win because they're his team. Yeah! The Dodgers won. Yeah! The Giants won. (It feels icky to say that because they're my NL West nemesis.) Yeah! The A's won!

After our sports quota was met, we started watching the finale of Hell's Kitchen. Yeah! Heather won.

Whew! That's a lot of TV watching!!

Here's a silly side note: Baseball has quite a few players with "Big" in their nickname - The Big Unit, The Big Hurt, Big Papi. I know the Big Unit is Randy Johnson. He's tall and a damn good pitcher, so I get that - or most of it anyway. Why "Unit"? What does that mean? I get confused between the Big Hurt and Big Papi. Since we watch a lot of A's games, I find myself saying, "That guys is big." It's usually Frank Thomas who is The Big Hurt. For some reason, I insist on calling him Big Papi. Big Papi is David Ortiz of the Red Sox. This irks the beau to no end because, as I mentioned, the A's are his team. I'm not doing it on purpose, but the more I try to get it straight, the more I screw it up.

How long until basketball season?! Go Lakers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh...do you really not get what Big Unit means? It means what you think it means, that's all I'm saying.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Damn it!! Really?

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home