That's All $he Had
I just visited the bank this afternoon and deposited the LAST bit of cash I could get from a cash advance from the last credit card that's not maxed out to throw into my checking account to cover the rent. Not too happy about this. At least my rent it covered, but what next? No more cash reserves, no more credit cards. This is going to be interesting.
Can I just say I'm tired of being poor? I haven't been poor in a while, but I have been poor POOR in my life before. I was always really proud that I had been able to climb my way out of that previous situation, but I look around and I'm right there again. You just couldn't tell from the surroundings.
I like to think that there's a lesson in this somewhere - appreciate what you have, sharpen your resourcefulness skills, evaluate spending habits... I'm in too deep to see it yet, but at least I'm not sick over it. Although my tummy does hurt today...
I'm a smart gal in a temporary situation. I'll just keep thinking that.
Can I just say I'm tired of being poor? I haven't been poor in a while, but I have been poor POOR in my life before. I was always really proud that I had been able to climb my way out of that previous situation, but I look around and I'm right there again. You just couldn't tell from the surroundings.
I like to think that there's a lesson in this somewhere - appreciate what you have, sharpen your resourcefulness skills, evaluate spending habits... I'm in too deep to see it yet, but at least I'm not sick over it. Although my tummy does hurt today...
I'm a smart gal in a temporary situation. I'll just keep thinking that.

4 Comments:
I can sympathise.....how do I rate poor poor?! When we have a slice of dry bread for supper as the cupboards are bare - we had one of those weeks last week and I got tummy ache too :( I wudda killed for a Disney Churro washed down by a Mojito lol! *dribbles at the thought*
Me, too!! That sounds so delicious right now. At least tomorrow's pay day and, hopefully, I won't have every single cent spent by the weekend. [insert fingers crossed here]
Hmm. You must work for a non-profit. Oy. Sorry. Total empathy here.
I'm glad my boyfriend now has a job so things should be a little easier. But just a little :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home