Monday, November 27, 2006

Climate Wars

With winter upon us, the climate wars begin.

It's chilly today so I'm bundled up. I'm always cold so I've learned to layer and layer just like a cake. MMM, cake... Huh? Right. Apparently, someone at work got cold this holiday weekend, too. They turned up the heater to the mid-70s and left it on.

I walked into my office today to be hit in the face by a blast of heat. It was a like a furnace. As I made my way to my desk, I passed the freesia - the ones I told you were heartily growing. My freesia was limp and wilted sitting in cracked dry earth. The damn heater cooked my freesia.

I threw some water on it to see if they would perk up, but I don't think it did the trick. I may have to wait until next year for my blooms. You know me, I'll water the dry wiltedness just in case...

Wear a sweater, people, or remember to turn down the heat! The freesia across the world will thank you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor freesia!
But, always being the kind of person to want to make good of a bad situation - maybe she'll add some flavour to some of your "left-over" creations?!!!

I know what you mean about the temp thing. Went xmas shopping on sunday - suitably bundled up for traipsing the cold, wet and windy streets of course, but as soon as we entered any shops we wished we'd worn our beach gear underneath the coats! I don't know what they're trying to do to you in the department stores? Cook their customers out to reduce the queues I think. I'm suprised people weren't fainting in the aisles. I just don't get it. They know everyone's going to be wearing mucho layers and big coats and scarves - so whats with the gadam sauna temperatures eh?! Think I'll do the rest of the shopping on the net.
xxx

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I think they're using the heat to make the shoppers buy the first thing they see just to get out of there. No doubt the most expensive items were located in front.

I refuse to shop in stores for the holidays - especially in SF. Tons of tourists and shoppers and no room to breathe.

BTW, my office was a furnace again and the freesia are done for.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turkey a la freesia it is then!

Hmmmmm.....now I think about it - you're right -all the over priced seasonal nick nacks and gimmicks were at the front of the store - right under the heating units!!

A-ha Mr Store Manager - we've got your game!!!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home