Friday, November 10, 2006

Time for Rest!!

I'm back from my little business trip. We learned that we got a grant that we applied for. Hurray! We were all very excited. We are so close to having a project fully funded.

Enough about work. Granted, the trip was in a really gorgeous part of CA, it was still exhausting because we drove. Yes, I said "we." The beau went with me. It was like a mini-vacation we both really needed. After I had my meeting and work was all taken care of, there was time to drive to Carmel before heading home. We walked around in downtown Carmel. It's littered with high end shops and galleries. They could've cared less that I was there because I wasn't their demo. I can't drop $1K on a mirror or something. Nonetheless, the beau enjoyed browsing. Afterwards, we drove a few blocks to the beach. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. The sky was blue. The sun was bright. The air was crisp. The people were scarce. We practically had it to ourselves. We walked on the sand, took some photos, and scampered about. It was reinvigorating.

The sun was going down so we hit the road back to SF. The traffic was tough seeing as how we timed it perfectly for rush hour traffic. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop...

When we hit Gilroy - which is immediately apparent because it reeks of garlic - the beau asked if I had any inclination to visit the Gilroy Outlet Mall. I said no. He asked if I was sure and I said LET'S GO! We waited for traffic to die down and I escaped with 3 sweaters. I love them!

I'm gonna rest up this weekend and do some reading. Next week is going to be action-packed AGAIN!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh it sounds like a great trip! Nothing like mixing business with a bit of leisure I say. Hope you're having a great weekend. Don't forget I owe you a gift! :D
xxx

4:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

That sounds fabulous. I am yearning to vacate...or at least take some time off. Sigh. Glad you had a good time!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

It was a nice trip, but how quickly I need another!! I asked for the day after Thanksgiving off, but the beau has to work. At least I'll have quiet time and a 4-day weekend.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home