Saturday, November 04, 2006

Busy!

So, I'm sitting around on a Saturday morning attempting to recover from last week. That was some kind of crazy. Besides have a Board committee meeting on Friday evening with a special important gov't official as our special guest to prepare for, I had a surprise 2.5 day conference to attend that I didn't know about. I registered at the last possible moment, which I'm sure was evident by my handwritten name tag and name plate. I worked 11 hour days. Not fun. Nope.

Silly me, I thought most of the tough times were done. They're just beginning. I have to go out of town again to attend a meeting where one of our proposals is being entertained for funding. I get to road trip with my interim ED. He's very committed to the success of our org. With his new duties, he's developing daily migraines. I don't blame him. The BOD left him to take care of everything because they have such faith in him. He's doing his best, which is great, but I feel sorry for him. He's got it really bad right now. There are 3 of us busting our butts to make sure things keep on track at this place. 3 out of 7. You know, the environment is ripe for more heads to roll, which I will bet will happen soon. If not, I'm gonna go insane.

Enough about that. At the conference, they had a very tasty quiche-like breakfast item - egg with trout and fennel. Is that just me or does that sound weird? Anyway, it was so good and I will try to make it at home. (!!?!?!) We'll see how that goes.

Now, I'm gonna try to finish a bran muffin for my breakfast I started 2 hours ago and finish up the Goblet of Fire.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck - tough times at work.

Yuck egg and TROUT?!?! And you wanna attempt making that yourself?!

Yuck!

Lol! xxx

12:00 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

You know, I don't even like egg. The only appealing thing was that they threw in some trout and fennel. MMM, fennel. Surprise, surprise, I didn't end up trying it. Instead I made some really tasty french onion soup.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home