Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Netflix Again?

I signed up for Netflix when I first learned about it ages ago. I paid my $17 per month to enjoy unlimited films, 3 at a time. I would wait for the delivery of the red envelopes and open it with great anticipation to see which film in my queue had arrived.

That went on for a few months. As I got deeper into my queue, I wasn't as excited to see my red envelope arrive. I remember opening up an envelope to discover Lord of The Rings, whichever the first one was. I didn't feel much like watching it, so I let it sit on my coffee table. It sat there as other red envelopes flittered in and out of the home.

After about 3 months of it just sitting, I decided to watch it. Woo hoo! That was some kind of fun flick! I enjoyed it, but thinking about how much I spent to let my silly movie rest on my coffee table made me mad. Then, Netflix raised its prices. I didn't trust myself to get my $$ worth.

I finally decided to cancel, but I find regular TV less and less compelling. I'm thinking about starting up again. A friend suggested that I should renew and then cancel when I'm done watching what I want to watch. Netflix would surely welcome me back again.

I can't decide if I should part with my $20 a month and get caught up on flicks. I just may, but starting in Nov. I am SO behind in my movie watching, I'm not even sure what's worth adding to my queue.

BTW, I signed up with Blockbuster for a while and their delivery and movie selection was terrible.

Buddy Lewis Update: He's about 123 votes behind the leader! He's gaining tremendous ground. I hope he can overtake the leader by tomorrow.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need a reason to get Netflix, I got one word for you: Paxton. You know what I'm saying.

I couldn't agree with you more about Blockbuster, by the way. I was FORCED to sign up with them a little while ago, since for some completely inexplicable reason Netflix doesn't carry Season 2 or Season 3 of "Degrassi: The Next Generation." And you can't get it in any video store or anything. So what was I to do?

Anyway, I couldn't believe how incredibly bad their service was. It took forever for them to check anything in, the selection was terrible, there was a long wait for everything, etc. Seriously, everyone needs to stay away from that place. The incompetence there is just astounding.

And if you're wondering if this whole post was just a convoluted excuse so that I could talk about Degrassi...well, of course it was. Anyone else hate Ellie's smarmy new boyfriend? Anyone?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I don't watch that there Degrassi, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I think they show it on cable. I will not sign up with Blockbuster again to see it. I'll let you know what I think about that new boyfriend in a while...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

I barely have enough time to watch the stuff I have programmed into my TiVo. Ah, for the days when I was actually up-to-speed on pop culture!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

P.S. Buddy Lewis update: he's only 51 behind! We rock!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Buddy is now only 5 behind!!! 5!

Do I need to get a TiVo? Do tell... Mine would be jam packed with Simpsons, Law & Order, and Wandering Golfer, of course!!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pants at keeping up with films. I hate parting with my hard-earned and good money at the cinema, only to come out feeling that the movie was over-hyped, or that I've already sen all the best bits in the trailers. It happens every time. But I've finally learned my lesson and now wait patiently for the DVD, or for satellite to screen it. I can't even remember the last thing I saw at the cinema - it must have been so terrible/overhyped/best bits shown in the trailers that my mind has blanked it out to shield myself from the financial pain!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Do not get a TiVo. Your world will bever be the same. You will start expecting to be able to rewind NPR when you're listening to your car radio.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but you have to be prepared to never give it up. Never!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Hmm, I may never be able to give up TiVo? I'm your huckleberry. In other words, I may take the leap - just as soon as them TiVo machines are free...

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home