Thursday, October 05, 2006

Recurring Dream

What's your recurring dream/nightmare?

I have two. One is me running through a city, usually L.A.. I'm not just fun running. I'm running for my life. I'm usually being chased by gun-wielding thugs out to do me in. I wake up as the barrage of bullets hit me.

The second is less pleasant, and MUCH more frequent. I need the bathroom. I find a bathroom, but the toilet or toilets are filthy and full of waste. You know, if you've gotta go, you've gotta go. I usually find the least offensive one and find that the walls are too low or it otherwise exposes me in some way. Then, I can't go.

I had this again last night. In the dream, Hugh Hefner had so many visitors to the mansion that ALL of the toilets were filthy and broken. Why I'm at the mansion, I have no idea. I was about to settle on one when I find the door lock is broken. No one can guard the door for me so I abort mission.

Can I just say I'm dead tired of this dream? I haven't found a satisfactory explanation so I'm doomed until I can get it figured out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have any recurring nightmares, but last night I had a dream that Biff (from Back to the Future) was chasing me. It was pretty scary. It was probably because I saw a video of him singing a song during his stand-up act the other day.

The great thing about being an adult is that you can dream about peeing without actually peeing the bed. I cherish that.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Russell Palmer said...

--Common Nachtmares--
--Aliens have taken over and the situation is futile, but only ever see subtle hints of their invasion

--Tornado is coming and I'm mostly indifferent (I've been in two twisters, one when I was very young so--that one's obviously a subconscious scar)

--Playing in a baseball game, but missing some key piece of equipment, usually the proper socks.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Russell Palmer said...

Re full toilets dream--I have sort of the opposite of this one--and usually it's tied to an urge to go. I have the ohhh there's a nice bathroom with alllll the amenities, but I have to go over to it dream.

Make sure you completely vacate your bladder before you head to bed and no late night mojitos!!!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

First - Biff singing?! Biff chasing? I hate being chased. Too bad you didn't have that hover skateboard.

Second - My shrunken bladder requires that I take care of business before bedtime. I still wish I could figure out how to resolve that damn dream!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night where all kinds of chain- and bat-weilding goons (picture half the cast from "The Warriors") were chasing me, and I knew they were out to kill me. It was raining, I was running on gravel, and I was ready to collapse from exhaustion. Did I mention that I was being played by James Cromwell, the actor who plays Prince Phillip in the Helen Mirren movie "The Queen"? And that my mom, a grey-haired Sally Fields, was crying out to me, pleading really, "Run, Ferris, run!" And just as my legs were about to give out, I began to fly...like Elliott on his bicycle in "E.T." It was then that I woke up and realized I had to pee something awful.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

E-Que-O Parque: Como? That is some kind of crazy dream. I love the fact that you incorporated 5 different movies into your dream.

You did touch on one thing in dreams that I love - flying! It's best though when you're not flying for your life.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home