Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All Aboard the Readin' Express

Anyone read About A Boy? I thought it was charming, but was I supposed to like it more and on other levels that I didn't get? Or was it just a cute story I might recommend to someone? I'm gonna give it to my sis to see what she thinks. Is the movie worth watching?

I have been told I should pick up Marvel 1602. It places superheros from Marvel's world in a period novel. If there's one thing I love, it's some superhero action. I know several folks reading it so I've got to go out and get my copy. I'll let you know how it is...

BTW, still reading Negotiating Rationally (I'm up to page 30) and I've got the Prisoner of Azkaban in the wings. I'm also gonna work in Tongue Fu.

BTW, the Buddy Lewis voting frenzy is on! He's shot way up and is only 293 votes behind the leader. Thanks for your help! If you haven't voted today, can you take a moment to do so?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie version of "About a Boy" is pretty similar to "Big Daddy." But instead of Adam Sandler making jokes about Hooters and old man balls, you get Hugh Grant stuttering and stammering and being terribly, terribly British. I prefer the Hooters and testicles, but maybe that's just me...

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Hmm, I'll add it to my queue when it starts again.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home