The Latest Craze
What's the one accessory you can't show up to a meeting without? A few weeks back, I would've answered pen and paper. How wrong I would have been.
I had a meeting with ~20 people from varied respected institutions in the city. My org is helping to spearhead a project and we have to involve several different players for many boring reasons. The room was filled with suit and tie types and super-smart, t-shirt and jeans types. I was one of three women in the room (I'm a suit type).
We had tons to talk about and loads of documents to share. People were furiously writing on their laptops and in pads of paper. There were blow-ups of images we needed to discuss. One t-shirt and jeans type said that he had a ton more pictures on his laptop that he would go over with anyone who wanted to see.
During a break, I popped over and said, "Can I get a copy of these images." He said, "Sure. Just give me your memory stick." Hmm, I don't carry one of those around. "You don't have a memory stick?" He was utterly confused.
I was about to explain that I could run and grab a cd when no less than four people whipped out their memory sticks for the info. They all started to compare their sticks. How many gigs... It's in my swiss army knife... I can't live without mine...
Did I miss the memo? When did this start? I'm now supposed to carry this thing around just in case? No wonder they come in fun colors. It's a cross between tech and fashion accessory.
Don't get left in the dust. Get yours now!
I had a meeting with ~20 people from varied respected institutions in the city. My org is helping to spearhead a project and we have to involve several different players for many boring reasons. The room was filled with suit and tie types and super-smart, t-shirt and jeans types. I was one of three women in the room (I'm a suit type).
We had tons to talk about and loads of documents to share. People were furiously writing on their laptops and in pads of paper. There were blow-ups of images we needed to discuss. One t-shirt and jeans type said that he had a ton more pictures on his laptop that he would go over with anyone who wanted to see.
During a break, I popped over and said, "Can I get a copy of these images." He said, "Sure. Just give me your memory stick." Hmm, I don't carry one of those around. "You don't have a memory stick?" He was utterly confused.
I was about to explain that I could run and grab a cd when no less than four people whipped out their memory sticks for the info. They all started to compare their sticks. How many gigs... It's in my swiss army knife... I can't live without mine...
Did I miss the memo? When did this start? I'm now supposed to carry this thing around just in case? No wonder they come in fun colors. It's a cross between tech and fashion accessory.
Don't get left in the dust. Get yours now!

6 Comments:
Glad to see I'm not the only one getting confuggled and passed by by new technology! I've finally got around to getting a DVD burner to offload tons of the huge photo files bogging down my poor old PC - but forgot to pick up the disks I need to transfer them too!
Doh!
D'oh, indeed! And they're not cheap, but how very useful they are.
I have a memory stick, but I keep forgetting to transfer it when I switch purses. D'oh!
Hee hee...
I do that with my wallet! Nothing worse than getting to the checkout with a fortnight's worth of groceries and realising your wallet is in your other bag, in my experience!
I do that with my wallet! Nothing worse than getting to the checkout with a fortnight's worth of groceries and realising your wallet is in your other bag, in my experience!
Post a Comment
<< Home