Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Rock the Vote

I voted this morning. It shouldn't surprise me that some of the voters in my area take the time to READ what the props and initiatives are about in the polling booth. What? They didn't get flyer upon flyer and booklet upon booklet outlining the pros and cons of this stuff? That's why the wait was long where I voted.

I filled out my ballots with the "connect the arrow" marker method. No fancy machines. Just a marker. I overheard one voter say that she needed another ballot because she couldn't understand the concept of connect the arrow and screwed up.

When I arrived at my voting center, there were cones in the parking lot that said that no one could display voting materials from this point (100 feet), but one candidate parked a car in the parking lot outside of the 100 feet with his big banner on it. He also hired some fellow to hold a monstrously huge sign with his name. I haven't seen that before and it really bothered me. I made sure not to vote for him primarily because I don't like him anyway. On my way to work, there were more hired fellows with his huge sign. One worker saw me and was waving frantically at me. I just nodded in disgust.

It'll be a tense wait this evening as the results trickle in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

After waiting for 3.5 hours in line to vote in 2004, I have two words for you: absentee ballot.

P.S. That way, you can make your own "I Voted" sticker.

P.P.S. I hate the whole "Campaigning in front of the polling place" thing. Politics in general makes me a bit nauseated. Hmm, I wonder why that is.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I'm hearing that. I should get me on the absentee voter ballot list. The slimey politician with questionable tactics won his race. Yuck.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home