My Name is Cee and I'm a Road Rage-aholic
I've been in a bad mood these past few weeks and months. I've tried practicing patience at home and at work, with great success. However, once I hit the road, I can't suppress my rage. I don't scream at people or make rude gestures. I don't want to get shot or chased. I just drive a little faster and mutter under my breath how stupid my fellow drivers are.
Today, as I was driving into work, there was a semi blocking oncoming traffic. Instead of waiting for me and the folks going in my direction pass, they decide to swing out in my lane and expect me to move. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but one must not assume anything that is contrary to the rules of the road. You don't guess that people are going to read your mind and move because you think you're so smart jumping into my lane.
Several cars take the lead of the jackass and pull out in front of me. Here's where my road rage comes into play. I'm not changing lanes or getting out of their way. In fact, I'm pissed that they think that I should get out of the way. Some big truck who is moving slowly in my lane flashes his brights at me. I don't move. He flashes again. Nope, not moving. He stops in the lane and stares at me so I defiantly stare back. After a second or two I switch lanes and carry on my way.
How stupid! Is it really important to risk my life to prove a point? No. I just get so stunned at the liberties people take when they drive. I've appointed myself auto sheriff to right the wrongs in the driving world. I'm so stupid.
As I zoomed down the road, past the speed limit, I saw 2 cop cars. I took it as a sign that the world doesn't need me pulling stupid maneuvers to prove points.
I will continue practicing patience. My first step is dealing with what is really troubling me, especially at work. Today, I told a Board member (who called about something that she needed me to fix) that I had a plan. I said my plan was to ignore the document that needed fixing and just do the project the way I wanted. She agreed. She said ignore "the thing" and do it your way. Whew! One problem down...
Today, as I was driving into work, there was a semi blocking oncoming traffic. Instead of waiting for me and the folks going in my direction pass, they decide to swing out in my lane and expect me to move. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but one must not assume anything that is contrary to the rules of the road. You don't guess that people are going to read your mind and move because you think you're so smart jumping into my lane.
Several cars take the lead of the jackass and pull out in front of me. Here's where my road rage comes into play. I'm not changing lanes or getting out of their way. In fact, I'm pissed that they think that I should get out of the way. Some big truck who is moving slowly in my lane flashes his brights at me. I don't move. He flashes again. Nope, not moving. He stops in the lane and stares at me so I defiantly stare back. After a second or two I switch lanes and carry on my way.
How stupid! Is it really important to risk my life to prove a point? No. I just get so stunned at the liberties people take when they drive. I've appointed myself auto sheriff to right the wrongs in the driving world. I'm so stupid.
As I zoomed down the road, past the speed limit, I saw 2 cop cars. I took it as a sign that the world doesn't need me pulling stupid maneuvers to prove points.
I will continue practicing patience. My first step is dealing with what is really troubling me, especially at work. Today, I told a Board member (who called about something that she needed me to fix) that I had a plan. I said my plan was to ignore the document that needed fixing and just do the project the way I wanted. She agreed. She said ignore "the thing" and do it your way. Whew! One problem down...

3 Comments:
LOL - you should meet my mum. She really is the dearest little thing you could ever meet - until she gets behind the wheel during the rush-hour run to work!
Re getting in touch - I've put my email addy up in a reply to the last post on my blog - drop me an email asap so I can take it off again, before my inbox is full of emails from wierdos!
xxx
The only time I ever swear in front of my kid is in the car. It's just such an integral part of my driving that it pops out before I even realize it.
Yes, I know, I'm a bad mother (shut yo mouth) - I'm just talkin' about Shaft.
What was I talking about again?
Nat, I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you haven't received it!
Lisa, I know what you mean. I usually catch myself before I say anything too terrible in front of the niece and nephew, but I think I've let some escape.
Post a Comment
<< Home