Monday, November 13, 2006

A Friendly Reminder Doesn't Hurt

Do you work with people who get e-mails and reply to an entire distribution group when they really shouldn't? Can it be true that people still don't get how to reply to sender vs. reply to all? The answer is yes. People still don't know how to do it. It irks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Yes, it irks. Here's another work-related pet peeve: you are up to your neck in work. Someone says, "I don't have anything going on -- do you need help?" You say, "Oh, that would be great, do you think you could do A, B, and C?" That someone replies, "Oh, well I can't do A because I'm having trouble with my computer, and I think you should do B because you are the contact person for that project, but I'll do C for you -- yes, I can help you with C." C is something that involves that someone's job anyway and should take all of 5 minutes to do. You have to bug that someone three times to do it, and 2 hours later that someone give you C -- incomplete, and requiring you to research and rewrite it because you can't then find that someone to get the additional info you need.

That irks. Can you tell I'm a bit irritated?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Yup. Been there. But nowadays since I'm a one person operation, if I don't get it done in the office, I have to take it home. I hate that.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home