The Holidays
I guess holiday madness began the day after my most dreaded day of the year, Halloween. Can you feel it? Yeah, me neither. I used to love the holidays so much. I barely remembered about Thanksgiving. The trigger was I saw all the Thanksgiving dinner staples on sale at the market.
I'm staying home for Thanksgiving. I'm making a turkey (using my mom's fabulous recipe for the marinade), gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (the beau loves that), Pillsbury crescent rolls, and some sort of dessert. I had the lofty idea that I'd invite some friends over for dinner, but then I thought again. I'm not up for hosting and I can't crash on the couch after shoveling all that food down my throat. There's not enough room.
The beau said he'd pick up the turkey. I'll get everything else. It'll be very traditional. If I had it my way, I'd pick up a Honeybaked Ham as part of our 2 person feast. But, we'll have that for XMas.
I hope you've got all your supplies and are ready to go. I think next week there will be better deals on the fixings so I'm holding out. I'm not paying full price for crescent rolls.
I'm staying home for Thanksgiving. I'm making a turkey (using my mom's fabulous recipe for the marinade), gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (the beau loves that), Pillsbury crescent rolls, and some sort of dessert. I had the lofty idea that I'd invite some friends over for dinner, but then I thought again. I'm not up for hosting and I can't crash on the couch after shoveling all that food down my throat. There's not enough room.
The beau said he'd pick up the turkey. I'll get everything else. It'll be very traditional. If I had it my way, I'd pick up a Honeybaked Ham as part of our 2 person feast. But, we'll have that for XMas.
I hope you've got all your supplies and are ready to go. I think next week there will be better deals on the fixings so I'm holding out. I'm not paying full price for crescent rolls.

2 Comments:
Be sure to stuff the turkey with garlic! You see there was a reason to recently be in Carmel!
MMM, garlic-stuffed turkey. That sounds delightful!! There is garlic in my marinade so I definitely am working the garlic. It makes everything better, doesn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home