There is No Try. Only Do.
All right, I did it. I got my hair cut. I chopped a foot off and donated it to Locks of Love, an organization that collects hair to turn into hair pieces for kids who need it. I have a nest of greys in my hair, so I hope that's not too tough to deal with.
Anyway, I may have mentioned that it's a pain trying to find someone to cut your hair that you trust and like. I've experimented with many different folks paying ungodly sums of money on my quest. I decided that I would return to a woman who I first went to about 7, maybe 8, years ago.
She did a lovely job. My hair is still longish - shoulder length - and I actually have a "style." I don't look like a crazy lady who keeps bunnies in cages because she lives all alone. I look like a young(ish) professional. My stylist said, "Welcome to 2006." She was so right. Best part is that it cost ~$40. Excellent...
I feel like a new gal. I'm even sporting some cute heels I got at Max Studio. I was so focused on the debut of the hair and shoes that I forgot to apply any makeup today. I remedied that at my desk.
Change can be good sometimes. In the words of Yoda, "There is no try. Only do. Do or do not." I did and I got a new hair-DO. Hee hee...
Anyway, I may have mentioned that it's a pain trying to find someone to cut your hair that you trust and like. I've experimented with many different folks paying ungodly sums of money on my quest. I decided that I would return to a woman who I first went to about 7, maybe 8, years ago.
She did a lovely job. My hair is still longish - shoulder length - and I actually have a "style." I don't look like a crazy lady who keeps bunnies in cages because she lives all alone. I look like a young(ish) professional. My stylist said, "Welcome to 2006." She was so right. Best part is that it cost ~$40. Excellent...
I feel like a new gal. I'm even sporting some cute heels I got at Max Studio. I was so focused on the debut of the hair and shoes that I forgot to apply any makeup today. I remedied that at my desk.
Change can be good sometimes. In the words of Yoda, "There is no try. Only do. Do or do not." I did and I got a new hair-DO. Hee hee...

2 Comments:
We are on the same plane. Or is it train? No, I think it's a plane. A HAIR plane.
I just called my stylist and she was all, "Oh my God, I haven't seen you in forever!" and I was like, "Yeah, you can tell," and she was all, "Oh my God, when are you coming in," and I was like, "How about Thanksgiving weekend," and she was all, "Dude! Totally!"
So I think I'm getting my hair did next weekend. I will report back.
Excellent! The winds of change are a-blowin'. Can't wait for the report back...
Post a Comment
<< Home