Monday, January 22, 2007

Contact #2 Made

I made contact with another long lost acquaintance.

He and I worked together at a big non-profit back in L.A. and we got a long just fine. When I moved up to SF, he was working in the city, so me and the beau met up with him for dinner once. Then, his employer went bankrupt and he moved. I lost track of him.

I used LinkedIn to triangulate his whereabouts and was researching a viable e-mail address. I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to drop him a line. My friend happened to have his e-mail address and I promptly sent him a note.

Old friend replied and said that although there was some stormy times in 2006 (not sure, but I think he meant it figuratively), he was happy and healthy. I wrote back saying that all's well here, too. He didn't respond (yet) but I guess not everyone checks their e-mail as obsessively as I do. Anyway, I was glad to hear that he is doing well.

Now, I need to pick a new old friend to look up. Maybe someone from middle school...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Storm = His mother died last year (breast cancer)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Friend X - yeah, he told me. Damn my need for further explanation!!! There was also another bad thing that happened. I hope 2007 is a better year for him.

He asked if I kept up with you - yes - and wanted to know who else I kept up with. Besides Mama, it was a short list.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home