Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A-Ha Moment

I was sitting at home yesterday and I had an a-ha moment. Out of nowhere it hit me that I give too much of myself to work. Work isn't who I am. It's what I do to make money. I enjoy myself to a degree, but it doesn't define who I am. Problem is that I can't remember who I am, so I need to take a moment to reacquaint myself with myself.

I'm thinking about engaging a life coach. Is that weird? I met someone who is a life coach and she and I got on really well. We had a blast talking (in a social setting) but she said a lot of things that made me think. For example, why do I have difficulties setting boundaries with my BOT? I'd sure like to know. We talked about how she helps women in all levels of business management who have the same problems that I have with boundaries and too much emotional investing in work, to name a few. Anyway, I'm thinking about giving her a call. I canceled my gym membership (to which I never went) so I've freed up some $$. I may wait for a few months because I committed to reducing my debt and I should apply my gym money to my debt. Ah, those resolutions are good for something.

Oh, and I broke out with some 80's style dancing in my living room yesterday, too. There was no music and it lasted about 15 seconds, but it's a start. Man, I suck at dancing! I also tried hula hooping (under the exercising resolution) and I did it for about 2 minutes before I over-thought it and couldn't do it anymore.

I'm not feeling stressed this a.m. and I'm loving it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Yey! Go Cee and her funky a-cappella 80's dancing!!! xxx

Oh, and just cos you love 'em - TAG!!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I just saw I got tagged. I'll get working on it for tomorrow.

[insert fancy "running man" move here]

2:52 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

That just happens to be my signature move, y'know

xx

6:15 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Oooo, I don't have a signature move yet. Can panicking on the dance floor and running away be a signature move?

3:03 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

If it's excecuted in a funky-breakdance style, then I don't see why not.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I could be the next YouTube star!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home