Whew! Made It!
Wow! Christmas can be stressful. I'm glad it has past.
I spent Friday and Saturday stressing about Honeybaked selling out of hams and not having one for XMas. I did reserve one, but I was sure there wouldn't be any left or that my reservation would be invalid.
On Saturday, there was a really long line at Honeybaked and the woman behind me kept trying to edge me out to cut in front of me. I hate blocking people, but I did a really good job. I even blocked her view so much that I caused her to say, "What's going on? It's chaos! How does this line work?" I told her that we walk up to the next available register. (not hard) Poor freak.
As I walked up, the woman at the register next to me kept saying to her attendant, "You're sold out!? Out of the quarter hams? Are you sure? I see them!" I handed my attendant my registration # and said, "I'm here for my quarter ham." I was sure they were gonna say no, but that's the power of the reservation for you. She quickly got my ham. MMMM!! The woman ranting next to me turned and dropped her jaw. She insisted, "How did you get a quarter ham!?!?" I said, "I reserved it two weeks ago." That shut her up.
Ham in hand, I headed to the store to get other fixin's. When I finally arrived home, I was exhausted. That was about 1.5h of work and I was tired.
I came home to tackle my next task - making the beau a shadowbox with a photo of us and my puppy in an XMas theme. It turned out nice, but I cried putting it together, of course. For a long time. One of those good cleansing cries. Anyway, that took another 2h, mostly looking for the photo.
Then, I mulled up some cider. I proceeded to spill most of it on the floor and cabinets as I tried to pour a cup free of mulling spices. I'm still finding spots that need cleaning before the ants find it.
Sunday, I barely fed myself because I was so tired from staying up late the night before. I never stay up late, but I did and I slept in to make up for it. Bad idea. My internal clock is all out of whack. I managed to call the family to wish them a merry xmas. We celebrate the 24th.
Monday, I slept in - way in. We made breakfast, watched sports (Lakers lost), and milled about. We finally got around to presents. I opened mine - gift certificates a-plenty!! Just the way I like. I also got a lovely scarf. The beau got a photo album, the shadow box, mag subscriptions, and a certificate to ebay. And that's XMas 2006.
I'm working on fumes today - pecan pie and lemongrass tea infused fumes. I could use a nap.
I spent Friday and Saturday stressing about Honeybaked selling out of hams and not having one for XMas. I did reserve one, but I was sure there wouldn't be any left or that my reservation would be invalid.
On Saturday, there was a really long line at Honeybaked and the woman behind me kept trying to edge me out to cut in front of me. I hate blocking people, but I did a really good job. I even blocked her view so much that I caused her to say, "What's going on? It's chaos! How does this line work?" I told her that we walk up to the next available register. (not hard) Poor freak.
As I walked up, the woman at the register next to me kept saying to her attendant, "You're sold out!? Out of the quarter hams? Are you sure? I see them!" I handed my attendant my registration # and said, "I'm here for my quarter ham." I was sure they were gonna say no, but that's the power of the reservation for you. She quickly got my ham. MMMM!! The woman ranting next to me turned and dropped her jaw. She insisted, "How did you get a quarter ham!?!?" I said, "I reserved it two weeks ago." That shut her up.
Ham in hand, I headed to the store to get other fixin's. When I finally arrived home, I was exhausted. That was about 1.5h of work and I was tired.
I came home to tackle my next task - making the beau a shadowbox with a photo of us and my puppy in an XMas theme. It turned out nice, but I cried putting it together, of course. For a long time. One of those good cleansing cries. Anyway, that took another 2h, mostly looking for the photo.
Then, I mulled up some cider. I proceeded to spill most of it on the floor and cabinets as I tried to pour a cup free of mulling spices. I'm still finding spots that need cleaning before the ants find it.
Sunday, I barely fed myself because I was so tired from staying up late the night before. I never stay up late, but I did and I slept in to make up for it. Bad idea. My internal clock is all out of whack. I managed to call the family to wish them a merry xmas. We celebrate the 24th.
Monday, I slept in - way in. We made breakfast, watched sports (Lakers lost), and milled about. We finally got around to presents. I opened mine - gift certificates a-plenty!! Just the way I like. I also got a lovely scarf. The beau got a photo album, the shadow box, mag subscriptions, and a certificate to ebay. And that's XMas 2006.
I'm working on fumes today - pecan pie and lemongrass tea infused fumes. I could use a nap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home