I'm Not Available
I'm not picking up my phone today. I don't want to get caught off guard by you-know-who. That's a favorite tactic of hers.
I saw the phone ring w/ her id, but she didn't leave a message. It later rang again, but she hung up after just one ring. Whew. I made it through one day.
She cornered me yesterday. At first I got a hug saying that she was sorry about upsetting me. Two seconds later when we were alone, she asked some very fishy questions like why I didn't give her the heads up about [something stupid]. Um, I shouldn't have to give her the heads up about EVERYTHING. Yet, that's what she wants. She thinks I'm conspiring against her, but she thinks everyone is.
She said she had always given me the heads up when people thought I wasn't doing the best job I could. Yeah, right. She'd tell me that *someone* wanted to know the status of project x and that I should move it up my priority ladder. In reality, she would complain to *someone* about me not getting her the status on project x. She'd use *someone* to make me do it faster when she knew damn well that project x shouldn't be my focus. Other priorities were more pressing. It has always been and always will be about her.
I don't feel like being manipulated anymore, thank you very much. I just feel like popping some more Zicam to get rid of this cold.
I saw the phone ring w/ her id, but she didn't leave a message. It later rang again, but she hung up after just one ring. Whew. I made it through one day.
She cornered me yesterday. At first I got a hug saying that she was sorry about upsetting me. Two seconds later when we were alone, she asked some very fishy questions like why I didn't give her the heads up about [something stupid]. Um, I shouldn't have to give her the heads up about EVERYTHING. Yet, that's what she wants. She thinks I'm conspiring against her, but she thinks everyone is.
She said she had always given me the heads up when people thought I wasn't doing the best job I could. Yeah, right. She'd tell me that *someone* wanted to know the status of project x and that I should move it up my priority ladder. In reality, she would complain to *someone* about me not getting her the status on project x. She'd use *someone* to make me do it faster when she knew damn well that project x shouldn't be my focus. Other priorities were more pressing. It has always been and always will be about her.
I don't feel like being manipulated anymore, thank you very much. I just feel like popping some more Zicam to get rid of this cold.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home