Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rainy Day Pizza

Last night, as I called around various family members to finally figure out what we're doing for XMas (and HELLO they aren't calling back!!), I got to thinking about random childhood memories.

One lazy day in L.A., rain was pouring down. I asked my dad if we could get pizza. He agreed. Feeling particularly triumphant (and being young and naive), I asked if we could get pizza every rainy day. I mean they were few and far between. He agreed. So I pulled out some paper and wrote a contract. I presented it to my dad for signature. He signed it.

It rained the next day. I was happy that we were going to get pizza again. I asked if we could order it and I think my mom said no. I said but dad said we could. I have a contract. Here's where I learned a valuable lesson. Family contracts are not enforcable.

I never forgot that and to this day I want pizza when it rains.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Aw...I love that story. Your mom probably wanted to smack your dad upside the head. That's love.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I think my mom was more like, "Huh? Yeah, right." Then, I was like, "D'oh!"

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home