Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Resolve To...

I don't usually make New Year's Day resolutions. Instead, I decided to make a list of things I will try to work on to better myself in 2007.

I will exercise every day. Not running miles and miles, but an effort to increase my endurance and strength. I'm doing push ups and crunches now, so I'll slowly work up to increasing the number that I can comfortably do.

I will go back to school. I say this every year, but I mean it this time.

I will learn to cook new and fabulous recipes. I'm gonna sign up for cooking classes with some friends. It'll be more fun that way.

I will pay down my debt. Although, I'm doing OK with my current budget, I'm sure that I can figure out how to continue to bring my debt down. Of course, I added some cc debt for the holidays, but not too much. I'm gonna focus on paying down the ccs with the lowest amounts and then focusing on the big ones.

I will take care of "me." No more figuratively "taking my work home with me." If I can't leave it at the office, I need a new office.

I will send out my resume. I think I need a new office...

I will call/visit my family more often. I miss them.

I will reconnect with old friends. I am going to try to get back in touch with people that I used to be close with. Hope I can find them...

I will try not to watch as much TV. I hesitated writing this, but I need to drag my butt off the couch and live life, not view it from the living room.

I will dance. I can't dance. I have NO moves and I feel like an idiot whenever I try. I think everyone is looking at me. Who cares if they are? I want to have fun and people who dance look like they're having fun. I want to see what that feels like. I'll start by dancing in the living room (from which I'll have dragged my butt off the couch) and see if I can dance my way into the real world sometime in '07.

As I'm taking a day off for a 4-day weekend, this will be my last post for 2006. I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy New Year!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I resolve to go bowling with Winnie Cooper.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

That's all you. Let her win.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Happy new year!!
xxx

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

You can't fool me. Those are all resolutions!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Happy New Year!! I am thrilled to be looking for new gig. Resumes went flying to all parts of the country.

All right. I made resolutions. I've done pretty good about sticking to them. I even almost danced!! Almost...

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home