Baby Steps Toward New Year Goals
You know how I want to reconnect with old friends? Well, I get on a website called LinkedIn and start entering names of people I consider old friends. I decided to start with people who I went to grade school with. I could only remember two names.
I found someone who I thought could be a former classmate. It listed her place of work so I called the company and asked for this person's e-mail address. I got it and sent her a little note - "Hey, did you go to XX elementary school? If so, we were classmates. Write back. If not, sorry and disregard."
I got a message back saying, "Huh? Is that really you? Tell me now." It seemed very like her to be so demanding, which I dug. We sent a few notes back and forth and that was it. She actually lives in the Bay Area, although we've made no plans to connect. We'll see if she cares to. Otherwise, I thought that was a good first effort.
I found someone who I thought could be a former classmate. It listed her place of work so I called the company and asked for this person's e-mail address. I got it and sent her a little note - "Hey, did you go to XX elementary school? If so, we were classmates. Write back. If not, sorry and disregard."
I got a message back saying, "Huh? Is that really you? Tell me now." It seemed very like her to be so demanding, which I dug. We sent a few notes back and forth and that was it. She actually lives in the Bay Area, although we've made no plans to connect. We'll see if she cares to. Otherwise, I thought that was a good first effort.

2 Comments:
lol! Well done Cee - you're already way ahead of me oin the "keeping the resolutions" stakes!! xxx
I'm gonna look for another former friend today, if I have time.
Post a Comment
<< Home